This vid is from a bar in Jiaxing called Lohas. Chinese bars are very loud and would instead be considered a club by Western standards. Here we take a peek at what goes on in a Chinese club.
We talk to some people (subtitles included), make friends, get questioned by a drunk, inspire bartenders to pick each other’s noses, “open sets”, practice “night game”, work on our “vibe”, and a guy’s girlfriend bites his nipple. Enjoy!
If you’re planning your own adventure at a Chinese club, the below phrases may be useful. Listen for them in the vid.
- 吧台 (bā tái) the bar (as opposed to a table)
- 位置 (wèi zhì) a seat/a reservation/a table
- 拍 (pāi) to film
- 拍电影(pāi diàn yíng) to film a movie
- 哇靠 (wā kào) hell!
- 欢迎光临 (huān yíng guāng lín) welcome
- 你们叫什么名字？(nǐ mén jiào shén me míng zi) what are your names?
- 回家 (húi jiā) go home